2014年10月20日月曜日

10/20 homework: the way to use Evernote and about C.R.A.P.

1. We learned the way to use Evernote. By Evernote, we can note or memo effectively, so that we can feel as if we make our own Google. The learning potential of it is we can think about what we want to consider by comparing memo or pictures, and can find what we need by checking mark or filing. Web clipper plays an important role when we save some information as we want. For example, you can save full page, bookmark, screenshot, draw lines and protect privacy by mosaic. I would like to use screenshot because I can save only what I need if I use it.

2. I saw the videos about how can we make a good presentation. The important key point is included C.R.A.P. I will explain what it is.
C: Contrast
Creating contrast for elements like font size or color makes them stand out. For example, when the background has darker color, the sentences’ color should be lighter, and vice versa.

R: Repetition
By repeating same text, or font style, color, and size, we can make collaborative production. This cohesive looking website makes more easier for observers to see.

A: Alignment
Appropriate alignment makes the presentation easier to understand. For example, if we want to represent “catching the dreams,” it’s better to put the letters above the boy’s hand, who is jumping toward the sky.

P: Proximity
Proximity of sentences or images tells how they are associated with or not. For example, the closer the sentences, or pictures are, the more they get involved. On the other hand, the farther the sentences, or pictures are away from one another, the less they get involved.

Other things I didn’t know are…
to use
1-7-7 slide
high-resolution
sans serif font rather than serif one
to avoid
using clipart, watermarks cute things, irrelevant images, animations video, or sounds to entertain


4. I will write about death penalty. Because the developed countries that still have death penalty are only Japan and some states in America, I want to know why some countries has and the others don’t. Main reasons argue for it are helping the victims’ families’ feeling, deterrence for harsher crimes, and preventing the accused from committing further crimes. On the other hand, the reasons argue against it are mainly inhumanity, danger of irreversible wrong convictions, and a lot of cost. I hope I could write a better essay than last essay.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hey Yuka! The topic about your essay was about my debate topic in high school, so it really took my interest! I will be looking foward to hear what your position will be like. In addition, I liked the picture with the boy reaching for his dreams. hehe Have a great week!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi Yuko! Thank you for commenting me. Wow, then, I want you to read my essay and to give me some advise. I hope I would be able to write a persuasive essay. I also like the picture of boy. Have a nice day!

      削除
  2. Hi Yuka! Your summary about CRAP presentation is awesome!! If I forget what CRAP was, then I will look up in your blog ;D I hope we can use these techniques for our final presentation effectively! See you soon!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi Mana, thank you for commenting me! Really! I am happy to hear that and I welcome that you would visit my blog again. Yeah, let's do our best! Have a great week!

      削除
  3. Yuka!
    The burger you missed was really tasty!! I'm just saying! LOL
    Anyways, I like the way you research on CRAP. It is easy to read if you sort up like that!!
    Like Mana said, let us all use the techniques we have learned for the final presentation! Good job!!
    May the force be with you.
    bye

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi, Gaku! I appreciate that you commented my blog. Umm... It's true that the burger looked so delicious. Let's go there another day.
      Yeah, I hope we can make an attractive and persuasive presentation with using these techniques.
      Have a nice day!

      削除