2014年10月14日火曜日

Evaluation of Wikipedia and citation by using Zotero

We learned the way to know the quality of the Wikipedia sites in the first place, and also we learned the way to cite by using zotero.

1. I found “Attachment Theory,” which has FA rank. Because I wrote about child abuse in last essay, this site is highly connected to my previous topic. I did not know that we could confirm whether the site of Wikipedia is reliable or not. And at the same time, I realized that the sites which has high rank like FA is so few that we cannot too much rely on most of them. That’s why many teachers don’t like it, though we cannot do it in terms of other websites, too, because we don’t know who is editing them.


2. Regarding In-text citation and works cited, zotero worked so well that I simply thought it is really useful tool. Because I always have a trouble with citation, I am sure that it will be helpful next time. But I had a mistake and I send it to members before I completed it, so I sent it again. (sorry for bother my group members)


Newspaper Source
          Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerc. Irure dolor in reprehend incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. “Very important quote here”(Ito). Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse molestaie cillum. Tia non ob ea soluad incommod quae egen ium improb fugiend. Officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum Et harumd dereud.


Book Source
  Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerc. Irure dolor in reprehend incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. “Very important quote here”(Davis). Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse molestaie cillum. Tia non ob ea soluad incommod quae egen ium improb fugiend. Officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum Et harumd dereud.

Works Cited


Davis, Laura. The Courage to Heal: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse, 20th Anniversary Edition. 4 Rev Exp edition. New York: William Morrow Paperbacks, 2008. Print.

Ito, Masami. “‘No Child Ever Deserves to Be Abused like This.’” The Japan Times Online 13 Sept. 2014. Japan Times Online. Web. 22 Sept. 2014.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hey Yuka! I just remembered that one of my friends edited the wikipedia before because the information they had was apparently wrong. I agree with you that the wikipedia can be reliable with the FA system they have, but at the same time, it can be unreliable because we do not know who the editors are. It would be cool if I find your name someday at the editor's name section! Have a great week!

    返信削除
  2. Hi Yuko! Thank you for commenting me. Yeah... we need to be careful not to be deceived by comparing wikipedia with other sites, for example. Wikipedia is useful , so I always searched the meanings of some words by using it, though.
    I was surprised the quickness of your response! haha Have a nice day!

    返信削除
  3. Hi again Yuka!
    "Attachment theory" sounds so interesting. I've heard about your essay topic, and I'm glad it turned out to be a great one!
    I also had trouble finding the FA rank pages as well. Especially, there are so few articles for current issues, since my topic is about Kevin Rudd's apology for Stolen Generations, which is an issue of the day.

    However, all of the techniques we learn in this class are useful! We can help each other to use this more quickly.
    Thank you for reading and have an awesome day!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Hi, Shiho! Thank you for commenting me. Yeah, finding FA articles is really difficult. I know you wrote an interesting essay, so I want to read your essay! Also I agree that we learned useful tools again. I hope we can use them appropriately and use time effectively. Have a nice day!

      削除