2014年9月16日火曜日

My survey about newspaper

I heard that more and more people do not read a news paper at all recently. Therefore, I asked 17 people that they often read it or not, added me, and understood how many students who are in the same class read it. There are 4 questions: whether they like to read it, how often they read it, which news papers do their family read, and the news thy were surprised recently.

1.   Do you like to read a newspaper?





I like to read a news paper.




No

9

50%

Yes

9

50%

I was surprised that half of us like to read a newspaper, because I expected that much few people like it and many people know news by watching TV or using the Internet. I am really happy because I like it, too.

2.   How often do you read a newspaper?









Not at all

6

33%

Sometimes

6

33%

Often

4

22%

Every day

2

11%




After I compared the previous question with this question, I noticed that at least 3 people read a newspaper even though they do not like to do it. I guess this is because they know it is important to read, but at the same time, they feel it is troublesome because sometimes the sentences are difficult and make us sleepy. Also, I want to respect 2 people who read it every day since it is hard for me to continue something every day, even if I know it is important.

3.   Which newspapers do you/ your families read?








Asahi

7

39%

Nikkei

5

28%

Mainichi

2

11%

Others

4

22%

My expectation that Asahi is most popular news paper was right. I want to know which newspapers do those who answered “Others,” and I want to try them, too.

4.   Please tell me the recent news that you were surprised and give me the reasons.

This question was open question and they answered in different way, so I will introduce the news which was popular.
The most popular one was about Nisikori, who is a tennis player. He won the game and that result was incredibly surprising especially for Japanese, many media reported that and we felt happy to hear that.

In conclusion, I realized that many people still read a newspaper and my thought was not collect. I want to try to read it everyday and to know what happens in the world now.

Thank you for your corperation, and have a good day!

 

2 件のコメント:

  1. I was surprised that many people answered that they were surprised by the news that Nishikori won his game recently. I still don't know how it was a record-breaking feat, so I'll check it up later. I also agree with you that 2 in this section read newspaper every day, because I cannot read it everyday. I might be too lazy. From today, I will do my best reading papers as often as possible.

    返信削除
  2. Thanks yuka for sharing useful information! Since Nishikori has been really famous not only in Japan but also in all over the world, I wanted to know what was going on. When I was in China, I didn't have any opportunities to see newspaper, so it is hard for me now to catch up daily news. It is nice that you like to read newspaper!!

    返信削除